Cooking can be time consuming and expensive…but you don”t need a whole day, or the fanciest gadgets, to make great dishes. Instead of spending your hard-earned cash on utensils or cool kitchen gadgets, learn how to get the most out of your current kitchenware. Check out these awesome tips for speeding up and spending less:
1. Use a straw to remove the leafy top from strawberries.
2. If you don”t have time to boil water, you can make hard boiled eggs in your coffee pot in a pinch.
3. Instead of slicing cherry tomatoes one by one, use two plastic Tupperware lids to cut a bunch at the same time. Place whole tomatoes on one lid, gently cover them with another lid, and slice through.
4. Bundt pans are typically used for cakes, but you can also use them to roast chicken. Fill the pan with vegetables and you have a whole meal, plus an easy clean-up.
5. A pair of kitchen scissors can slice and dice herbs in a few quick cuts.
6. A pizza cutter can also mince herbs quickly.
7. Use a coffee grinder to grind spices in a flash.
8. Forks can be used to juice fruits. While squeezing a lemon or lime, push the fork into the middle and twist.
9. Instead of cooking oatmeal on the stove, use a rice cooker instead.
10. You can make tomato puree with a cheese grater, as well as minced garlic or lemon zest.
(Source: All Day)
Every time I attempt to cook, I waste time and make a huge mess. With these tips, I can walk into the kitchen with a little more confidence.