A camera”s shutter snap (or whatever the digital equivalent is) can capture a tiny moment of time for all eternity. Motion becomes still, and the fleeting passage of time gets stopped, at least in a way. And sometimes, everything lines up so that the frozen moments turn into something truly amazing. Or bizarre. Or hilarious. However they turn out, these one-in-a-million shots are noteworthy because of how striking they are.
Here are some of our favorites. And as usual, we”d tell you if they were Photoshopped. They aren”t. Sometimes things really are cool, okay?
1. Well, I guess that”s one way to psych out your opponent.
2. The welcoming committee.
3. And it”s an A for “airplane,” too.
4. I feel like this bird is tempting fate a little.
5. “Yeah, no, I want to remember my trip just like this.”
6. Who knew baseballs were so gross?
7. Sometimes, a human-made light show isn”t enough.
8. The face of concentration.
9. Savvy seagulls plan meals ahead by following foodies on Instagram and predicting their moves.
10. Doctors were baffled, but it seemed the Smiths” reproductive habits were rather abnormal.
11. “Oh, I look good from this angle.”
12. “Dammit, Roger! I said on three! On THREE!”
13. Everyone thought it was cute, but Darren was actually Cindy”s therapy miniature human.
14. Hogwarts” sports scholarships boosted attendance, but the culture of the Quidditch team got decidedly more “bro.”
15. “Relax, Andy, the judges on So You Think You Can Dance will love us. They”re all about gimmicks over talent.”
16. Goldie felt the portrait really captured her personality.
17. Now that”s a real friend.
18. Will and Mario knew they”d be best friends for life when they each discovered the other had the condition known as Tiny Arm.
19. After unwittingly drinking a large amount of holy water, Bill found that his breakdance routines were greatly improved.
20. The tiniest wedding crasher.
21. Currently under construction, nighttime will be experiencing some delays.
22. Um, are you sure about that?
23. When an everyday activity looks more superhero-ish than usual.
24. “This conversation is over, Gerald.”
25. The moment when everything goes wrong.
26. We hope that”s the deep end.
27. At squirrel weddings, they throw peanuts.
You probably carry a camera around with you everywhere anyway, but it”s photos like these that will put you on the lookout for incredible photo opportunities.