Have you ever wondered what”s really going on in the world? You could see what people are saying on Facebook, or you could look at a map. How can a map show you anything other than where something is?
Quite easily, actually. These 25 maps will give you a slightly different perspective on your world and your region. They might even give you a little insight into the place you call home.
1. A map of everything across the water from you.
2. Point Nemo, otherwise known as the oceanic pole of inaccessibility.
3. The way Google maps might look a little different depending on where you are.
4. Median ages by country.
5. Preferred alcoholic beverage by country.
6. Countries that look like other countries, plus bonus U.S. states.
7. The power of a passport around the world.
8. The global seasons.
9. The longest nonstop flights.
10. The words for “bear” across Europe, and their linguistic origins.
11. Percentage of people having sex in a week.
12. Camouflage around the world.
13. Most profitable exports by country.
14. The longest distance one can travel without running into a major body of water.
15. How North America would look on other planets.
16. The deceptive nature of the Mercator projection.
17. The countries based on ethnic diversity.
18. Access to sanitation around the globe.
19. What the Earth would look like if the ice caps melted.
20. Tweets about the sunrise over a 24-hour period.
21. Key import sources per country.
22. This map of Europe shows some greatly exaggerated mountains.
23. The only countries in the world Great Britain has not invaded.
24. Countries by amount of maternity leave.
25. There are more people living in this circle than outside it.
These maps certainly tell us more than the average globe, and they”ll also evolve over time. Keep looking at maps to see what”s really going on on our little planet!