Looking for hair color ideas? I am too! To bring in the New Year, I’ve decided to tweak my image with a new hair color. Nothing drastic but I ‘m trying to decide on a shade that will compliment my skin. So, what are the hottest hair color trends at the moment?
Well…;When picking a new hair color, always find one that is best for your skin tone.
Choosing Your Skintone: Warm or Cool
Those with warm skintones have a yellow or golden undertone. The skin will be pale with peach or golden undertones; Brown with pink, butterscotch, copper, caramel, or golden undertones (Hispanics or African Americans). The natural hair color is red, golden brown, deep brown, natural golden blonde and strawberry blonde.
People with cool skintones has pale skin with bluish,pink, or no undertones. Medium with pink, golden or no cheek color, very dark brown Hispanics and African American) or olive skintones (Asian). The hair color is naturally bluish black, medium ash blonde, golden blonde or dark brown.
Still confused? A quick way to discover you skintone is by looking at the veins in your arms. If they look blue- you’re cool. If they look green- you’re warm. Also 2 tone hair color ideas can work for both skintones too.
But which hair color is best for me?
A terrific way to find your perfect shade is by looking at celebrities hair and skin tone. Magazines and hair coloring ideas books are another way to find sexy hair colors.
Find out how The Hairstyler gives style and inspiration from celebrities with over 1000’s of virtual hairstyles!
Brunette Hair Color Ideas
Is Brown Right for you?
Brunette is a very popular hair color idea because it looks great with most skin tones and your hair’s shine is more noticeable. There is some upkeep to stop it from looking faded out; but, there are several hair products out there that can help maintain your best brunette hair color.
Brunette is best if …;
- You’re already a brunette- Your natural black hair color can be more vibrant by adding richer browns.
- Want a low-maintenance hair color- The upkeep is fairly easy compared to other shades unless you’re naturally blonde. At-home kits are great for management if you hate frequent trips to the salon.
- Damaged hair- Darker hair is terrific at hiding breakage and flaws because the color reflects light best.
Check out these dark hair color ideas for brunettes!
Blonde Hair Color Ideas
Is Blonde Right for you?
Blond hair is not an easy color to use if you’ve done some permanent coloring in the past. It can be quite damaging to the hair if not done properly. Also, it is not a look for everyone so before you decide to grab the bleach, read these interesting facts on blond hair. Having blond hair needs a lot more management especially when your roots start showing (Not a good look). Also, your cool blond hair color can fade with frequent sunlight or heat. Going from brown to blond is very risky so if you do decide to go blond, let a professional help you find your best blonde hair color. Also, there are so many blonde hair shades to choose from so sometimes its best to match your skintone with a celeb.
Blonde is best if…;
- You’re naturally blonde- You have the right skin tone to continue pulling off the look.
- Cost of maintenance doesn’t bother you- It’s not cheap being a blonde especially if you have really blonde hair or dark blonde hair color. Regular touch-ups and products are necessary if you have blonde hair with dark roots. You’ve been warned!
- You’re an attention getter- Different blonde hair colors are popular and has been known as a shade most men prefer but, this is often debatable.
Check out these blonde hair colour ideas!
Red Hair Color Ideas
Is Red Right for you?
Red hair is being requested more and more these days. People usually associate red hair with being plump and freckly but that is not the case at all! It’s a very sexy look and more celebs are firing up their hair. It’s certainly one of the hottest hair colour ideas for someone who likes to be the center of attention. Trust me…; you’ll get stares!
Red is best if…;
- You have pink undertones- With so many shades, red can look great on most women but best on women with pinkish or cool skin.
- Loves the stares- Like I mentioned earlier, people will turn their heads so you must have confidence to pull off this look.
- Your hair is fairly good- The red color grabs on to your strands better if they’re not dry or damaged. The more healthy it is, the more radiant your hair can become.
Check out these red hair colour ideas from top celebs!
So, now you have an idea on sexy hair color trends and hopefully these celebrity hair color pictures gave you inspiration for your next hair coloring appointment. Planning to change your hair color to unveil a new you this year? Tell me your thoughts!
- Summer Hairstyling Tools: the Duds and the Winners
- The Best Products for Curly Hair
- 10 Hair Care Products to Protect Against Bad Weather