It”s time to get more flavor out of your kitchen with less hassle. As a microwave chef myself, I know how daunting it can be when you”re going over a list of ingredients and instructions for even the simplest of recipes. With these tips, you”ll be searing up the perfect steak, enjoying a nice side of rice, getting the most out of the lemons life gives you and more.
Take a look!
1. Microwave lemons for 20-30 seconds and you”ll get a lot more juice out of “em.
2. Place a wooden spoon across your pot to keep it from boiling over.
3. When your brown sugar seems rock solid, sprinkle with water and cover with a damp paper towel, then microwave for 30 second intervals until soft.
4. Soak mussels and clams in water with a few tablespoons of flour for about 30 minutes to get rid of any sand or grit still inside.
5. Add a pinch of salt to your cutting board when slicing up herbs to keep them from sticking to your knife.
6. Remove the core from lettuce by slamming it down on a cutting board — hard.
7. Garlic will slip right out of its peel after microwaving the cloves for 10 seconds.
8. Or you can smash the cloves, put them in a couple of bowls and shake really hard.
9. Use water on your fingers to easily nab stray eggshells.
10. Don”t thaw your frozen steak before cooking. It will cook more evenly and taste much better.
11. Rinse rice before preparing in order to avoid any clumps.
12. And freeze the leftove rice in microwave safe bowls to easily enjoy later with a dash of water and few minutes in the microwave.
13. Drop some ice cubes into your finished soup or stew to easily scoop out all the yucky fat.
(via Business Insider.)
Add all of that together and you”ve got one amazing meal. Now, what”s for dessert?
Share the savory tips with your friends using the buttons below!